The following chart shows the returns for the various MSCI single country indices:
Click to enlarge
- It is surprising that Singapore yielded the highest annualized return in 10 years during the period shown.
- Ireland has been the worst performers in five years during the same period.
- While the MSCI German index fell by nearly 46% in 2008, since then it has yielded a positive return return every year except in 2014 and 2011.
- No country has consistently been the best performing. This shows the importance of diversification.
- iShares MSCI Germany Index Fund (EWG)
- iShares MSCI Canada Index Fund (EWC)
- iShares MSCI Australia Index Fund (EWA)
- iShares MSCI United Kingdom Index (EWU)
- iShares MSCI Singapore Index (EWS)
Disclosure: No Positions