In an earlier post we looked at the financial asset class types held by Latin American households. The following chart shows the various financial assets held by American and Canadian households:
Click to enlarge
The following chart shows the financial assets held by households in Developed Europe:
A few observations:
- Americans hold more of their financial assets in stocks (at 55% in 2013) compared to Canadians.
- Similarly Canadians hold more bank deposits then Americans.
- An astonishing 64% of Greek households’ financial assets are in bank deposits while Swedish households have the lowest.
- In countries such as Swizterland, Ireland, UK, The Netherlands and Denmark the majority of households’ financial assets are in insurance and pensions.
Source: Allianz Global Wealth Report 2014, Allianz
You may also like:
- Duration of Stock Holding Periods Continue to Fall Globally
- Stock Market Participation Rates Across Countries