One of the sectors that investors may want to consider gaining exposure to is the chemical sector. Some of the reasons for investing in the sector include:
- Chemicals are present in most of the products we use and consume everyday.
- They are present in almost any food item we eat.
- Chemicals are used extensively in autos, home appliances, carpets, etc.
- Industrial use of chemicals is wide-ranging.
- In the medical field, chemicals are the key ingredients in drugs and other products.
Seven chemical companies trading on the NYSE are listed below with their current dividend yields:
1.Company: Monsanto Co (MON)
Current Dividend Yield: 1.50%
2.Company: E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD)
Current Dividend Yield: 3.73%
3.Company: Mosaic Co (MOS)
Current Dividend Yield: 1.67%
4.Company: PPG Industries Inc (PPG)
Current Dividend Yield: 1.66%
5.Company: Sherwin-Williams Co (SHW)
Current Dividend Yield: 0.97%
6.Company: Eastman Chemical Co (EMN)
Current Dividend Yield: 1.70%
7.Company: FMC Corp (FMC)
Current Dividend Yield: 0.88%
Note: Dividend yields noted are as of Jan 13, 2013
Disclosure: No Positions