Amsterdam, The Netherlands-based Akzo Nobel(AKZOY) is the world’s largest paint and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals. The company’s portfolio includes Dulux, Sikkens, International and Eka brands.
Last year the company had a total revenue of 14.6 billion Euros with North America and Europe accounting for about 60% of the sales .
From the corporate website:
“Five reasons to invest in AkzoNobel:
- Number 1 paints and coatings company worldwide and a leader in specialty chemicals
- Balanced portfolio and clear strategy
- Strong brands and customer focus
- Excellent growth opportunities through our strong positions in high-growth markets, acquisitions in core businesses and excellent innovation platform
- Sustainable value creation and attractive shareholder return.”
On Jan 3rd, 2012 the ADR closed at $50.25. Yesterday Akzo Nobel(AKZOY) implemented a 3:1 stock split on its ADR. As a result of this split, the ADR opened at $16.59 and closed the day at $16.55.
Disclosure: No positions